Assistant Programm Coordinator
Intern will assist the Education & Volunteer Programs Coordinator with planning and coordinating volunteer assignments.
This includes scheduling volunteers, planning and assisting with special projects, assisting in managing a large volunteer staff, along with maintaining a database. Days and hours are flexible, but ideal candidate would work 6 to 15 hours per week; schedule is negotiable. Minimum of one full semester commitment requested. Opportunities exist for longer duration with corresponding opportunities for growth. Position is unpaid.
Processing volunteer applications and updating volunteer records
• Keeping database (paper and electronic) up-to-date and accurate • Assisting with organization of regular volunteer trainings & orientations • Assisting with special project such as special event planning • Corresponding with volunteers and prospective volunteers, mainly through email but occasionally via phone or text messaging • A variety of other regular clerical & organisational tasks that are integral to the success of a volunteer management program • Opportunities exist for qualified candidates to assist with creating online training materials (videos, power points, exams, etc.) for students
• Good written and oral communication skills
• Willingness to work on a flexible schedule
• Professional, motivated, self-starter
• Ability to work with indirect supervision in a busy environment
• Computer experience (must be comfortable with basic functions of excel)
• Good “people skills
• Organized .
• Letters of recommendation can be provided upon successful completion of internship • After completion, students will have valuable experience and insight regarding what it takes to manage a large-scale program.
Development of new skills and high level training
Network of contacts with other leaders and ministers of the area
50% discount on enrollment and fee for studies of diploma, associate or degree
Get invaluable experience and professional university level
Be part of new projects and programs of the university
Letter of recommendation after successful completion of internship